Our Lavender Powder, Citrus Powder and Lemon Sugar are icing sugars or caster sugars infused with our homegrown herbs and fruits. They can be used as a replacement for sugar in desserts, cakes, baked goods, drinks, cocktails, cream, icing, decoration and more!
For icing glaze:
For a delicious upgrade to your basic, easy icing glaze. For every 100 g of Lavender Powder or Citrus Powder, you need 1 tbsp of water. Mix together until you have reached your desired consistency and the glaze is smooth, and drizzle over your chosen cake, dessert or baked good.
For infused cream:
Add Citrus Powder, Lavender Powder or Lemon Sugar to cream during your usual preparation. This cream can be used to add extra flavour to desserts, pancakes, scones or more!
Dust Citrus Powder and Lavender Powder, or sprinkle Lemon Sugar, over desserts, fruit or baked goods.
Lemon Old Fashioned
Dip the glass rim of your Old Fashioned glass into lemon juice and then Lemon Sugar to add a delicious flavoured rim. Add 1 tsp Lemon Sugar to the glass, and add 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters. Add a splash of soda water. Add 60 ml Bourbon and ice to taste, garnishing with a candied orange slice if desired.
Lavender and Citrus Cupcakes
125 g butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup Lemon Sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup Lavender Powder
1-2 tbsp thickened cream
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium mixer bowl, and
mix on low-medium speed until mixture is smooth.
2. Prepare cup cake or muffin baking trays with paper
3. Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until a skewer
inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
4. To make the lavender cream icing, beat the butter on
medium speed using an electric mixer until smooth. Add
the icing sugar and Lavender Powder and continue to mix
for 2 minutes.
5. Add 1 tsp of the thickened cream and mix on high until
well combined. Add more thickened cream if you prefer a
6. When cupcakes are cool, use a piping bag to pipe the
lavender cream icing onto the cupcakes in a swirl pattern.
Alternatively, you can ice the cupcakes using a knife. Optional - decorate with candied lemon slices.
Citrus Bundt Cake
3 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup Lemon Sugar
Rind of 1 orange
1 cup butter, softened
230 g cream cheese, softened
6 large eggs, room temperature
7 tbsp water
3/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup Citrus Powder
1. Using an electric mixer, beat together the caster sugar, Lemon Sugar, butter, cream cheese and orange zest on medium until smooth. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat until well mixed.
2. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add this dry mixture to the wet mix, a bit at a time, and mix until just combined.
3. Grease and lightly flour a 23 x 8 cm or 25 x 6 cm bundt pan. Pour in the batter and smooth the top. Bake at 160 degrees c for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
4. To make the citrus glaze - in a bowl, combine the water and Citrus Powder, and sift in the icing sugar. Mix until smooth.
5. When the bundt cake has completely cool, ice with the citrus glaze. Optional - decorate with candied lemon slices.
Lemon Baked Cheesecake
For biscuit base:
3/4 cup crushed sweet biscuits, such as Nice biscuits
3 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp Lemon Sugar
For cream cheese filling:
340 g cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup Lemon Sugar
3 tablespoons (45 ml) fresh lemon juice
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 360 degrees celsius. Line a 12-muffin tray with cupcake liners.
2. To make the base - add the biscuits to a food processor and process until fine crumbs. Scoop the crumbs into a mixing bowl, add the melted butter and Lemon Sugar, and mix until everything is well combined. Evenly distribute the mixture between all 12 cupcake liners, pressing down firmly. Bake for 5 minutes, and set aside to cool.
2. To make the cheesecake filling - using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the caster sugar and Lemon Sugar and beat until well combined. Add the egg and egg yolk and mix on low speed until just combined.
3. Fill the cupcake liners with the cheesecake filling, and bake for 17-20 minutes or until the tops of the cheesecakes are set.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 3-4 hours or overnight. Once the cheesecakes are chilled, remove them from the pan. Top with a Citrus Powder icing glaze (see recipe above) and a candied lemon slice, or with berry jam.