Maestral Salad & Spread Seasoning
The Maestral is a summery wind from the Northwest. Known as the wind that dances between the sun and the sea, it is a favourite summer wind enjoyed by leisurely sailors and beachgoers, Maestral is a sea breeze credited with providing strong and distinctive flavours to dried herbs cured cheeses. Bring the flavour of Maestral to your cooking with Maestral Salad & Spread Seasoning, a quick, full-flavoured seasoning mix with no preservatives or artificial additives. It will bring out the best flavour in your food, perfect for enjoying the summer year round
For vegetarian or vegan pasta dishes:
Simply sprinkle Maestral Seasoning over your pasta for that taste of the Maestral!
For breakfast eggs:
Adds a delicious flavour to your scrambled eggs or cheese omelette. Simply add 1/2 tsp of Maestral Seasoning per person to your egg mix before cooking as usual, and enjoy!
For garlic bread:
For the best garlic bread at your next barbecue, add Maestral Seasoning to your garlic butter before spreading onto fresh, crusty bread. Bake as usual.
For an upgrade to homemade Mexican food:
Mix Maestral Seasoning to taste into sour cream for the perfect topping for tacos or burritos, or stir into guacamole and serve with corn chips for a delicious upgrade!
For baked potatoes:
For a delicious, unique flavour for your baked potatoes, mix Maestral Seasoning into your sour cream or cream cheese and serve on your baked potato as usual with cheese, spring onions and other desired toppings
Otherwise known as Cabbage Salad, a favourite Croatian dish!
Finely shred 1 cabbage, leaving the cabbage stalk, and place in a medium bowl. Add 1 minced garlic clove, a dash of olive oil, a dash of vinegar, and a tablespoon (to taste) of Maestral Salad & Spread Seasoning, and toss thoroughly to coat. Simple, fresh, crisp, and full of flavour!
Simply mix Maestral Seasoning into olive oil to make a quick and tasty dip for fresh crusty bread!
Cream Cheese Spread
For a delicious dinner party appetiser, unique twist for an antipasto, or just as a delicious snack!
Simply mix Maestral Seasoning to taste into your cream cheese. Serve on a platter with fresh, crusty bread, and with a sprinkling of Meastral Seasoning as garnish.
Easy Maestral Gnocchi
For the gnocchi:
6 large white potatoes, peeled
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
2 free range eggs
2 cups plain flour
For the sauce:
2 tbsp Maestral Salad & Spread Seasoning
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
1. To make the gnocchi - place potatoes into a large pot of cool water, and bring to boil. Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
2. Drain potatoes, and set aside until cool enough to handle, but still warm. Grate potatoes into a large bowl. Add salt, pepper and 1 tsp of Maestral Seasoning and mix thoroughly. Make a well in the centre of the potatoes and crack the eggs into the well. Whisk the eggs briefly with a fork, then, using your hands, gently mix into the potatoes until evenly distributed.
3. In preparation for cooking for the gnocchi, place a large pot of cold, well-salted water on to boil.
4. Put 1 1/2 cups of flour onto a clean surface and turn out the potato dough onto it, keeping the remaining ½ cup of flour in reserve in case you need to flour the surface. Knead the dough quickly, incorporating the flour bit by bit. You will notice that the dough loses its stickiness and becomes more solid. Separate the dough into 4 even pieces; roll each piece into a long sausage approximately the thickness of your thumb then cut to the size of your first thumb knuckle.
5. Stir the large pot of boiling salt water, and add the gnocchi. Do not overload the pot as there should be plenty of space between the gnocchi so they do not stick together. The gnocchi will rise to the surface; after another 20 seconds in the water, remove and drain.
6. For the sauce - melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, crushed garlic and 1 tsp of Maestral Seasoning. Add the gnocchi and toss until lightly golden.
7. Serve with a fresh crisp summer salad to which you can add a generous sprinkle of Maestral Seasoning!